In the winter, it is common to get chapped, dry, and unhealthy lips. The main way to put them back in top shape is to use a chap-stick. Want to make your own natural and chemical-free chap-sticks? If so, here is a simple, quick, and fun recipe to create these wonderful on-hand tools:
(recipe makes 10 containers)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp Shea butter
- Rose red or all natural make-up coloring powder
- 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Lip balm containers (from Amazon)
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax and Shea butter in a glass jar set in a small pot of simmering water, while stirring the mixture. Be sure that the water is not boiling.
- When melted, carefully stir in the colors and/or essential oils.
- Once the colors and scents are mixed in, use a dropper or syringe to transfer to the lip balm containers. Let them cool upright in room temperature.
- Apply to lips and enjoy!
Leave a comment below describing your experience and ratings!
Stay tuned for more quick and easy, all natural essential body recipes!